Re: [NTLK] Bootstrapping a 2100 via an eMate?

From: Tom Brand (T2) <thomasbrand_at_mac.com>
Date: Sat May 12 2007 - 18:52:53 EDT

You will be able to tell the MAC address of the network card once you
get a working network connection. That is if the card is not labeled
with the hardware address already. To get that connection you will
have to turn off MAC filtering, which by the way offers little or no
security just so that you know. You also shouldn't need a a crossover
cable as an modern Macintosh it should simply reverse the parity when
it discovers an attempted ad-hoc connection. One way you can test
your Newton to Mac HTTP network connection using either ethernet or
wireless is to turn on personal web sharing and attempt to connect to
that web page. Remember to use the Mac internet sharing IP address
which is most often a number like 10.0.2.1. I hope this helps I am
kind of in a hurry but will be back later.

Thomas Brand (T2)
mynewtonblog.net