Re: [NTLK] Handwriting recognition benchmarking

From: John Coady <jcoady_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 20:23:43 EDT

>Hi William and anyone else willing to do the handwriting experiment.
>Andy

Great idea. However, I can't resist making this comment.

First, I did the "test" and was amazed at how long it took me (5 min
11 sec). Frankly, I was also amazed at how few errors there were (13
of which 8 were capital letters at the beginning of words). The
thing I noticed most was that, since I hadn't really memorized the
paras, I had to keep looking at the text to see what to write next.
Finding the place always seemed to take ages.

Then I decided to write the words out on paper. Using my best
handwriting, writing as carefully as I try to on my Newton and still
having to glance up to find what to write, I managed it in 3 min 23
sec. I'm proud to say that I wasn't able to detect any errors!!

My bottom line is that you and your Newton obviously get on very well
together to be able to do the paragraphs in 195 seconds.
Congratulations. I'm off to do some practice.