Re: [NTLK] Handwriting recognition benchmarking

From: Andrew Hill <adhill_at_fastmail.co.uk>
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 12:30:39 EDT

Ah the penny has finally dropped. Sorry for any inconvenience, I didn't
realise the text was coming out strangely. Several members have made the
point now. Here is the text again. I hope this comes out ordinarily now.
Andy

The Apple Newton’s handwriting recognition system is so good that these
3 paragraphs of text can be written and digitized in about 195 seconds.

Achieving this speed as well as being accurate does take a little
practise and a set up on your Newt that’s right for you. However once
you get in the swing of it you’ll be able to write quickly and precisely
and make the very best of this brilliant and thoroughly useful device.

Now considering this technology is more than 10 years old that’s quite
amazing!