Re: [NTLK] Bluetooth Setup = instant crash and reboot?

From: Tony Kan <tonykan_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue May 08 2007 - 06:52:37 EDT

Huxley

This was on the wiki:

"In case your Newton is crashing and rebooting during almost each Discover
phase, freeze SysPatch. Eventually the Discover phase should proceed without
problems, provided that you followed the other hints above... Apparently
SysPatch affects only the Discover phase (at least with Setup 0.7.7/0.7.6 and
Blunt 0.7.7) and it can be thawed after discovering and during normal Bluetooth
operations."

Reading the wiki might trigger some other ideas for you:
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/BluetoothTroubleShooting

HTH

Warm regards

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand

[snip]
...when I press the "Test" button, the Pico card lights up
and the Newt says that the test passed sucessfully... but when I
press the "Discover" button, I get both a floating "Discovering..."
progress-bar box and a simultaneous error # -26005! Also, I have to
tap the reset button to get rid of the "Discovering..." box.
[snip]
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
p.m.