Re: [NTLK] OT: Sort-of Right Device

From: Grubic, James <jgrubic_at_bozeman.k12.mt.us>
Date: Tue Mar 27 2007 - 15:07:46 EDT

I'm still waiting for a PDA with a hard drive. I don't know why this so difficult to do.

The iPod is almost there, and they are only now realizing the potential of games but are cutting short of most PDA functionality. Then they come up with the iPhone, once again with no hard drive and no support for third party apps (in my mind, this one is a dud because I have no desire to change my cell phone provider or to buy a device with no hard drive). It will probably be a success anyway.

I have a Palm Treo phone but the OS is primitive. I do however like being able to thumb-type when needed, although I don't use it for anything serious other than a calendar. Once again tho, the lack of storage space doesn't allow me to put a lot of music or movies on which I would love to use it for.

Some of these other new devices look promising. I am not sure that I want to run Windows though.

James