Re: [NTLK] Un-deletable Package Lockup

From: Peter E Glaze <pglaze_at_rcn.com>
Date: Thu Mar 22 2007 - 22:32:11 EDT

Thanks for the responses folks. Unfortunately, I've already tried most
of these.

I've already been resetting with the packages inactive by putting the
stylus 1/4 inch from the left edge. That's the only way I can even get
access to the card. Unfortunately, the package refuses to delete and I
get an error #10011. Reinstalling Bernie's Book Reader puts a second
(deletable) copy of the program on but doesn't seem to affect the
undeletable one at all.

I can't back up with NCX because it only works with OS 10.4 and I have
10.3.9 with no access to a copy of 10.4. This is the most frustrating
because I always used to just do the old "Soup Nazi" routine back when
I first started with Newtons back in 1997 or 1998. Now I can't even do
that since I can't back up to my Mac anymore.

For some reason the SBM Utilities refuse to install. I've been trying
for a few days but every time I install them I go to the Extras drawer
and they are nowhere to be found.

I'm not familiar with Trash Pack. I'll have to look for that one and
give it a try.

I may take one of you up on the purchase of an 8 meg card.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Peter Glaze