Re: [NTLK] Stuff It......why I now hate it

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Fri Mar 23 2007 - 00:19:07 EDT

L.W. Brown wrote:
> I tend to agree, but I have seen the exact opposite argument made:
> extensions being preferred, with other file info being downright
> detested...

let me guess that this would be from windows programmers who need the
extension to tell them what 1 (ONE) program knows how to open this?

> On 22. Mar, 2007, at 17:53, Joost van de Griek wrote:
>
>> On 3/22/07 9:42 PM, matthiasm wrote:
>>
>> Extensions are mostly irrelevant in Mac OS X, as well they should
>> be. It's
>> the package bit that makes a folder into a package, not the .app
>> extension.
I also prefer that a different mechanism be used other that the file
extension. it's what EVERYONE except windows uses and has practically
forever.

william

chmod 755 <filename>

--
-- special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too
far along a path that you cannot explain anymore.