Re: [NTLK] Stuff It......why I now hate it

From: Morgan Aldridge <makkintosshu_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu Mar 22 2007 - 08:33:06 EDT

Mac OS X's zip, tar, cp, etc., tools (atleast as of Tiger) do support
resource forks, but other platforms don't know what to do with them.
They usually get uncompressed as an OSX directory filled with ._
files (which normally would reside alongside the regular files, if
the forks are split) on other platforms.

Also StuffIt! Expander is actually still available and free. Check
out http://www.stuffit.com/mac/index.html and look for the free
Expander (or go to the download page directly: http://www.stuffit.com/
mac/expander/download.html). Also, previous versions of all the
StuffIt! versions are available one Aladdin/Allume/SmithMicro's ftp
site ftp://ftp.allume.com/ (note they haven't gotten around to
changing that URL yet).

Morgan Aldridge

--
morgant@makkintosshu.com