Re: [NTLK] accessories & data extraction was:Re: NewtonWorld 'magazine'

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 21:58:05 EDT

Tony Kan wrote:
> M.
>
> There is an interesting and promises to be a very portable design for a stand
> here:

the problem with this stand and most all others is you get to have the
newt in 1 of 2 positions. neither of which is conducive to actually
writing on. the one i recall allowed you to position the newt in any
random orientation. meaning that you could position it where/how you
wanted so it could be used easily.

think of something that worked like this:
Multi-Purpose Work Center - Model 350
<http://www.panavise.com/nf/vises/vises_combo.html>

but it held the newt at the corners and didn't have the adjustment
screw. I sure wish I'd bought the one I saw in ny but I never figured
that shortly after seeing it the newton would be canceled.

william

--
-- special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too
far along a path that you cannot explain anymore.