Re: [NTLK] reply doesn't do what you think it does was: Re: NewtonWorld 'magazine'

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 18:06:42 EDT

Lord Groundhog wrote:
> ~~~ On 2007/03/14 19:30, William Pociengel at hseldon@my.wgu.edu wrote ~~~
>
>> FYI: hitting reply to an email does NOT send it anywhere but to the
>> list. if you want to send it to the person you cave to copy their email
>> address from the posting.
>

> This is a useful point to make on any list from time to time.
>
> If you're using Entourage, there's another way to contact someone off-list
> and not also post to the list. You just click on "Reply to all" and then
> delete the list's address. All that's left is the sender's address.

except the senders email doesn't show up in reply to all as the list
header grabs the reply-to and ships it back to the list only. because
the sender and reply-to are set in the header by the listserv. you need
to grab the From header and reply-to take precedence (I think?)

william

--
-- special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too
far along a path that you cannot explain anymore.