Re: [NTLK] First signs of jaggies, is this the beginning of the

From: R A Parker <Quadzillanet_at_SBCGlobal.NET>
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 12:43:00 EDT

On Tuesday, March 13, 2007 at 5:12 pm Doug Parker wrote:

> Of the many proposed theories I still
> favor the one about it being pressure
> from the bezel on the touch screen that
> causes the jaggies.

I will have to agree. My 2100 recently started loosing alignment and experiencing jaggies at certain areas of the screen. Cleaning, using a business card under the screen was only temporarily helping and helping less and less.

Taking this theory into mind, yesterday I lifted the bezel on the PC Card side, providing a light pressure for a couple seconds, spreading the seam. I did this several times and viola... jaggies have haven't returned and now have been gone much longer than cleaning.

I'm guessing I've developed jaggies more specifically because of my belt / hip case. Although it is well padded, I'm sure undo pressure is being placed on the Newton's case and bezel when I'm sitting in my car. hmmm...

Thanks for chiming in! Perfect timing.

Ron

--
Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM