Re: [NTLK] Heaps of trouble

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Tue Mar 13 2007 - 11:38:50 EDT

On 3/13/2007 3:11 AM, Andy Hill wrote:

> The strange thing is that I don't have many large packages installed. Only
> internet enabler and blunt to allow blootooth transfers, Address Access
> and HyperNewt.

NIE is known for taking up a lot of heap and probably Blunt is the same.
 So you have two very large users right there. I am not sure about
Hypernewt but I would try freezing AA and Hypernewt and see if it helps
the situation. Package transfers via bluetooth probably need a lot of
heap. I don't know how blunt works (perhaps Eckhart can chime in here)
but it might be storing a portion of the package in heap until it is
moved into storage. And if your storage is heavily fragmentated this
might slow down the process enough that the heap is filling up faster
than it can write out to the card. Perhaps a backup and wipe and
restore of the storage (internal or card) in question might help.

-Dan