[NTLK] LPR+Airport Help

From: Scott Rogers <srogers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Mar 10 2007 - 21:04:59 EST

Hi all.

Last night, I decided to give LPR a go, and after wrestling with it
for hours and then poking around on the list about it, I still can't
make it work.

Here's my setup: 3 macs, two of them have HP deskjet printers
directly connected via USB. One airport extreme router with Brother
laser printer attached via USB.

My understanding is that I cannot print directly to the printer via
the airport—that, instead, I have to go through printer sharing on one
of the other Macs. Neither of the options for choose printer turn up
any printers on my network. I have tried manually entering IP
addresses. I've tried entering computer names as seen on the
rendezvous network. I have made sure that the print queue is EXACTLY
like it is in the "info" panel on the print center. I have tried with
spooling on and off.

Nothing.

Can someone with a similar setup walk me through how to set this up?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Scott