[NTLK] MoreInfo and GTD

From: Matthew Reidsma <mreidsma_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 23:01:20 EST

Hey listers,

Tonight I decided to try integrating my Getting Things Done task lists
with More Info on the Newton. I've been using an online service
(http://rememberthemilk.com) for task tracking, and it's really great,
but I missed the ability to work when offline and browsing the web on
my cell phone isn't a lot of fun. So I use the contextual tags like
@home, @work, @newton extensively, and thought I had come up with a
brilliant hack to get the newton to use "tagging." I created a blank
note for each of my contextual tags, and 2 extra notes for "someday"
and "important but not urgent (ibnu)." I then linked from my tasks to
each of the relevant notes. When viewing my task list in At A Glance,
I can tap on the link icon on each task and it shows me the "tags"
that are associated with it. But when I institute the linking from the
to-do, the matching links don't appear on the notes. When I check for
links on my @home tag, which should have PLENTY of tasks associated
with it, nothing is there, but I can verify that many, many tasks are
linked to the @home note.

When I made the links, the "Include link back to todo" box was checked.

Likewise, if I make the links from the notes to the to-do, the links
go both ways, but this is a hassle because when I create a new todo, I
want to link it within the creation tool and not have to open 3-8
different notes and link from each of them.

Is this a More Info bug or something specific to my installation?

--
-----
Matthew Reidsma