Re: [NTLK] I'm about ready to throw this thing into Puget Sound.

From: Bruce Durocher II <bedii_at_qwest.net>
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 11:46:20 EST

On Feb 28, 2007, at 8:24 PM, Tony Kan wrote:

> I wiped my Newton a few weeks ago because something dodgy was going
> on with
> Names and had to re-install Bluetooth and Wifi services. After a
> bit of
> fiddling it worked. Maybe you are overlooking something minute but
> significant.
> Have you checked your network to make sure that it is OK?
> Sometimes security
> systems can shut you out.

        I'm trying to connect with our backup WiFi rig here which is
unencrypted, so the security angle shouldn't be a problem. (It
worked fine in a hotel lobby in L.A. five months ago!) Tries to log
on and can't quite do it. Trying to use the 3CD589D-TP EtherLink
card to the Mac's Ethernet card won't allow me to use any sync
software. I think the card is still O.K. (the LED in the dongle has
never worked, which is why I got it cheap), but my settings in the
Mac may be all wrong. If I'm ever in CA when SNUG is meeting, I'm
going to bring the whole mess along.