Re: [NTLK] Softprintpack

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 08:43:16 EST

On 3/9/2007 7:33 AM, matthiasm wrote:

> OP, have you tried the work-around yet?
>
> Matthias

I looked up the website and I see I was mistaken about out the SPP
works. Apparently it does not use the windows drivers at all (though
some HP drivers cause a conflict of some sort, which is why you should
set up a printer using generic drivers in windows if you have issues).
Or at least that is what the troubleshooting page says. I also see that
they don't mention no longer supporting the product so perhaps there is
a chance they can help or will be willing to release the source.

It is also interesting that the troubleshooting pages talks about the
possibility of having your text chopped off due to the way the Newton
handles printed text. I never had this issue, has anyone else?

-Dan