Re: [NTLK] Anyone developing in Waba from OS X ?

From: Wes <wes.frazier_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 07 2007 - 17:26:27 EST

On Mar 7, 2007, at 11:02 AM, newtontalk@newtontalk.net wrote:

> Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 08:58:34 -0500
> From: Victor Rehorst <victor@newtontalk.net>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Anyone developing in Waba from OS X ?
>
> Dumb question, is the current directory (represented by the single
> period) in
> your CLASSPATH?

Yes the working directory is in my classpath. Ive tried setting it
both via bash 'export' and via commandline parameters.

After poking around with google ive read that Waba apps need to be in
Java 1.1 bytecode, and that Java 1.5 can not produce this ( even when
you try to force it with -target parameter ).

I *think* this might be my problem?

If anyone can successfully build and run Waba apps in OS X, id
appreciate knowing the version of the Java SDK youre using.

I think Im going to poke around and try playing with the GNU
Classpath/GCJ and or Kaffe tomorrow, and see if I can get any better
results using them.

Also BTW, was about to try and use Einstein today, and I noticed it
expired ? Is a new version out ? It would be helpful for developing.