Re: [NTLK] I need a PDA, is a Newton a sane choice today?

From: Andy Hill <adhill_at_fastmail.co.uk>
Date: Wed Mar 07 2007 - 14:43:09 EST

Hi Jan

My advice would be, why not purchase a Newton and see how it goes, in the
spirit of nothing ventured nothing gained. They are fun and a challenge
and like you, I love to keep old hardware going. Why not rebel a little
against our throwaway world!

Secondly, and I'm talking from experience here, ask yourself, do you
really need the syncing? I used to bother myself about this all the time,
and after a while realised I actually only needed the info in three places
at the same time on rare occasions. It just worth checking.

Best wishes
Andy

Firstly to ask yourself how much syncing will you actually need. I used to
pester myself about this, always wanting to have everything in three
places. However I realised that the times I actually needed it were
seldone in reality.

The other thing I would say is that owning in a Newton is fun!. You could
enter this in the

'On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 18:10:55 -0000, Scott Rogers <srogers@gmail.com>