Re: [NTLK] Newton Inc. Newton

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Thu Mar 01 2007 - 19:57:31 EST

On 3/1/2007 7:14 PM, William Pociengel wrote:
> Adam Goddard wrote:
>> On 02/03/2007, at 9:44 AM, Geof Abruzzi wrote:
>>> How many of the 2100's were made and badged as "Newton Inc." instead
>>> of apple (I've seen pics on UNNA)? Just curious--seems like they
>>> would be the ultimate collector newton...are they numerous enough to
>>> come up for sale ever?
>>>
>>> Geof
>> All 2100's are branded "Newton Inc", and they already are the
>> ultimate collector newton because they have the best specs. :)
> ?????my 2100 is branded Apple, it was one of the first boxes out as I
> recall.
>
> but then my memory may be poor. I know I was after it was paid for ;-)
> especially since I'd only had the 2000 for less than a year.
>
> so take that anyone who thinks that $100 is to much ;-)
>
> william

Well when Newton Inc. was absorbed back into Apple they rebranded the
MP2100 as Apple. You can tell the difference as the MP2000 apple logo
fits perfectly into a apple shape in the housing. When the 2100 came
out they just made a round area for the Newton logo to go, and so when
Newton Inc was absorbed back into Apple they took out the Newton Logo
"buttons" and put in a Apple button. But it is not as form fitting as
the area in the housing was just a round indentation. This is of course
just the housing, the insides are the same as any other 2100.

-Dan