Re: [NTLK] Continuing the Battery Tray Rebuild Thread...

From: McJohn <mcjohn_at_oplink.net>
Date: Tue Jun 12 2007 - 19:06:00 EDT

[Snip]
Kevin said: I have the battery pack that you put regular AA cells in
it. I have some Duracells in it now, but plan on using NiMH AA cells. I
have a charger and was wondering if I put the NiMH cells in it, if the
MP2000 would recharge in it? If not, is there a mod I can do to make it
charge?

[Snip]

Sonny said: I've got two modifications completed already and they were
sold.

[Snip]

I say: See, this is a mod I could seriously get behind. Over the
course of several weeks, I have painstakingly taken apart two eMate
battery packs and soldered the leads to a battery tray, as recommended
by Stephanie M.'s website. Even installed the thermistor. I've loaded
'em with four fully-charged Sony 2500 mAH rechargables. Slip 'em into
the eMate, and... nothing. No lights, no boot, no nothing. I have
three eMates and not one of 'em acknowledged either of the battery
trays. Alkalines didn't do anything either, except get so hot it gives
the term "laptop" a painful new intensity. I take it from the
illustrations that the Newton battery pack differs significantly from
the one for the eMate, but does anybody have any idea whatsoever what
I've done wrong?