Re: [NTLK] Backlight transformer voltage

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Mon Jun 11 2007 - 19:01:14 EDT

From: Adam Goddard <pashosh@tpg.com.au>
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Backlight transformer voltage
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 21:17:50 +1000

>> Does anyone know the input, supply voltage and supply current to
the
>> transformer that drives the Newt's backlight?

> With aged backlight load: 0.58Vp-p input, 14 Ohms , 41.43mA
> (calculated) 19Vp-p output, 660 Ohms, 28.8mA (calculated).
> With no load: 1Vp-p input, 34Vp-p output

I can't comment on the input values because I've never measured them,
but I can comment on the output values. They are NOT 34V peak to peak.
Maybe you measured this with a voltmeter?

The backlight runs at approximately 40 Volt peak to peak at 607Hz, at
least this is what Andrei Chichak once measured and sent me the
picture
of. Check his post dated August 14, 2006.

Cheers

Frank

-- Newton software and hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de\