Re: [NTLK] Games For May

From: Goodwin, Greg P. <GoodwinG_at_aafes.com>
Date: Tue Jul 31 2007 - 14:57:58 EDT

From: Douglas Johnston

On 30-Jul-07, at 6:51 AM, Goodwin, Greg P. wrote:

> You have the whole Z game library of text adventures available with
> YAZI
> (Yet Another Z Interpreter) which would include the Underground
> Kingdom
> of Zork series, Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy, ect.

"It seems (from the documentation) that YAZI needs to be registered to
be fully functional, but neither the Kagi link, the website, or the
email address are working. I'd *love* to play some of these old games
on my Newton -- one of the crowning moments of my high school
existence came from getting the babel fish. Yes, sad, really...."

The babel fish was one of those crazy things like watching a large
contraptions in a looney tunes cartoon. This effects that and that
effects this. Interesting.

I'm afraid it still does need to be registered. Making me think that I
need to make sure I have passwords written down for all the software
I've bought for the Newton, and I have probably bought more for the
Newton that most other platforms I've used.

Doc Clu