Re: [NTLK] Fastest Email Method and Client for eMate

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat Jul 28 2007 - 08:37:55 EDT

On 7/27/07, matthiasm <mm@matthiasm.com> wrote:

> On Jul 27, 2007, at 3:38 PM, Jon Glass wrote:
>
> > For instance, I have a folder on my IMAP for all my
> > software licenses.
>
> Jon, please, out of my own experience, backup all your IMAP folders
> often. A former ISP of mine lost all mail in my IMAP account and I
> could not get any of it back.

Well, if .Mac screws up, I think a lot more than I will be steamed. ;-)

Besides that, my IMAP server-side folders are just that--duplicates of
what I keep on my hard drive. So, should my servers ever die (I have
two IMAP accts), I am safe--unless, of course, my hard drive goes too.
Also a reason I don't use Gmail for my main mail. I don't trust any
one file location. Everything important is backed up multiple places.
:-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland