Re: [NTLK] Fastest Email Method and Client for eMate

From: R A Parker <Quadzillanet_at_SBCGlobal.NET>
Date: Fri Jul 27 2007 - 13:36:01 EDT

Stay away from POP on an eMate.

There are so many reasons...

No extra storage card available while online is the biggest problem. Memory fragmentation is another.

On Friday, July 27, 2007 at 2:06 am Seb Payne wrote:
> The question is - is POP or IMAP
> faster and which email client will
> work the best?

IMAP is 2-4x faster at downloading full messages and very fast at header's only.

Your only problem with the eMate is storage space.

Ron

P.S. Best email client?

--
Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM