Re: [NTLK] Fastest Email Method and Client for eMate

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri Jul 27 2007 - 09:38:28 EDT

On 7/27/07, matthiasm <mm@matthiasm.com> wrote:

> I'd say that testing each for a few days may show the difference - if
> there is one.

The real difference between POP and IMAP from a practical perspective
is that you can treat mail on your IMAP server just like mail on your
local hard drive. You can run rules on them, save them in separate
folders, etc. For instance, I have a folder on my IMAP for all my
software licenses. If ever my hard drive goes, the first thing I can
do is sync my mail, and use that folder to start reinstalling
software--whether I'm at home or thousands of miles from home. That's
just one use for this feature. There are other differences, but, IMO,
that's the most practical. :-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland