Re: [NTLK] Nokia 770

From: Eckhart Köppen <eck1003_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue Jul 24 2007 - 17:12:36 EDT

On 24. Jul 2007, at 01:13, Steven Frank wrote:

> I sold it and upgraded to the N800 (didn't review it though) which
> fixes some of the problems, but it's still pretty clunky. Don't
> expect anything like the Newton's ease of use.

I agree. It's an internet tablet, nothing less, but also nothing
more, and don't plan on using any of this fancy Web 2.0 stuff. I have
an N800 to play around with, and there are still many many rough
edges, even physically - the pen is utter crap! Sean Luke has written
a very nice review of the GUI from a Newton perspective:

http://cs.gmu.edu/~sean/stuff/n800/

However, the product line is still being developed, and I think there
are even rumours about the successor of the N800 on the web (Google
is your friend ;)

-- Eckhart