Re: [NTLK] Einstein for MS Windows uploaded

From: John Gardner <jgardner100au_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue Jul 24 2007 - 08:34:05 EDT

Same for me.

Regards
John Gardner

-----Original Message-----
From: newtontalk-bounce@newtontalk.net
[mailto:newtontalk-bounce@newtontalk.net] On Behalf Of
John Chu
Sent: Tuesday, 24 July 2007 10:15 PM
To: newtontalk@newtontalk.net
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Einstein for MS Windows uploaded

> Anyway, please download this if you are interested.
Feedback is
> always welcome.

When I click on the Einstein icon I get the following
message:
"This application has failed to start because
application
configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the
application may fix this
problem."

If I try to run it via cygwin (using bash), It tells
me "Permission
denied" even though I have execute permission on the
file. (I wasn't
sure if it needed Cygwin/X or not, but I started the X
server just in
case. However, I don't think I got far enough to
matter one way or
the other.)

I went into the XP system event log to see if I could
find anything
useful. What I found was:
"Generate Activation Context failed for [location of
Einstein].
Reference error message: The opeation completed
successfully." The
event source is SideBySide.

All I did was extract the zip file into a folder and
attempt to run
Einstein from the zip file. Is there some installation
procedure I
was supposed to do? Are there DLLs I'm missing? (I
would suspect so
given the event source. I have cygwin and tried
running it through
cygwin, so I don't think it's those DLLs.)

BTW, to the person with the OQO Model 02, I'm thinking
about buying
one. I'm extremely curious about how well Einstein
runs on it. If you
could try out Einstein and let me know, I'd really
appreciate it.
Thanks.

                                                john

--