Re: [NTLK] WiFi Driver with MoreWiFiCards!

From: Leandro <leandro.pereira_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jul 21 2007 - 09:32:05 EDT

On 7/21/07, matthiasm <mm@matthiasm.com> wrote:

> On Jul 19, 2007, at 7:50 PM, Leandro wrote:
>
> > After playing around with MPW (...)
>
> *Very* brave. Thank you for your efforts to get this to compile and
> run. Even though the code is not explicitly licensed, you could make
> a case that publishing the code is done with more intention than just
> creating bandwidth (but IANAL...).

After further inspection, I see that his code is based on FreeBSD's
wi.c code. Apart from being written in C++ and
HavingNamesThatLooksLikeThis (and some comments in Japanese), most
routines are exactly the same. Even the header file was included
almost verbatim. So I don't really think that there'll be problems
releasing a modified version, but IANAL too.

Anyway, I got my Newton back, so I can test better. Some people
(thanks!) said it failed to initialize the card, so I'll investigate
it further and try to debug that. Programming on Classic MacOS is too
weird for someone used to Unix, although MPW is somewhat command-line
oriented. :)

--
  Leandro A. F. Pereira <leandro@tia.mat.br>
  Developer, Tiamat Software Wizardry.