Re: [NTLK] OT, well done, Jobbs

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat Jul 21 2007 - 03:29:10 EDT

On 7/19/07, a <dotline7@gmail.com> wrote:
> PS. I send it for second time. First mail didn't show up on List after
> 40 minutes.

Of course, hate to say it, but being sent three times, it was three
times a waste of bandwidth. It says nothing constructive. Apparently,
you deleted your email folder. I recently deleted a POP account I had
switched to IMAP, and when I went to delete the account, I was warned
all email would be deleted, so I canceled out, copied that mailbox to
my Documents folder, went back and deleted the account. Apple Mail
does not act like this without warning you. The mistake was yours. And
yes, you can idiotically delete entire soups on the Newton. I've done
it. I thought I was deleting items from my card, but I deleted it
all... It happens on any platform if you are not being careful, so my
sympathies, but paying attention, and being careful always helps
better than blaming someone else.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland