Re: [NTLK] Status of Wiki?

From: Morgan Aldridge <makkintosshu_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue Jul 17 2007 - 18:55:59 EDT

On Jul 17, 2007, at 5:32 PM, DJ Vollkasko wrote:

> Maybe it's because the Wiki now requires login *and* a graphical
> captcha-thingie--which incidentally doesn't seem to work at this
> time--and perhaps people are shy about that... I just hope the Wiki
> is not another
> "goner"...

That's the issue. Don't worry most people haven't been shy about it,
I just haven't totally fixed it yet.

> What's the long and short here--anybody know more about this?

Basically, the one thing that PhpWiki requires is GD which was not
built into my PHP install on the new main server (which also hosts
tools.unna.org). I decided to take this as an opportunity to upgrade
to PHP5, build and configure Apache 2.2, and add in a whole lot of
other stuff that's not built into Mac OS X Server by default.
Needless to say that I knew it was a big project, but it needs to be
done to take UNNA forward.

Currently I have to peek at the PhpWiki source as it doesn't run well
(often at all) on PHP5. Haven't had the time to do that in a couple
weeks though.

However, some of you might like to know that UNNA is in a Subversion
repository that (once I get the Apache, PHP, MySQL stuff up to snuff)
I'll be making accessible to others that might want to provide bug
fixes sooner rather than later.

Sincerely,

Morgan Aldridge

--