Re: [NTLK] deepToast battery

From: Steven Frank <stevenf_at_panic.com>
Date: Tue Jul 17 2007 - 13:22:23 EDT

        delsp=yes;
        format=flowed
OK, this is getting really freaky -- my iPhone battery was completely
discharged when I took it out of the charger this morning. It's like
all of my handhelds are having a battery uprising as of yesterday.
The iPhone's back to normal now, but the Newtons, not so much.

On Jul 16, 2007, at 11:43 PM, Andrei Chichak wrote:

> Put your Newton with the battery and with the charger attached into
> your refrigerator for about an hour (+5C which is a nice spring day
> around here) and then plug it in to start the charge on a cold
> thermistor. Take it out before about 8 hours.

I tried freezing the battery, but I haven't yet ventured as far as
putting the entire Newton in the fridge while it's charging.
Wouldn't condensation be a risk?

The 100+ degree weather I mentioned is over, by the way. It's
supposedly 62 right now. So, if it was being affected by the
temperature, hopefully that's done.

Oh, I should also mention that the re-celled pack does indeed contain
NiMH cells, not NiCad, and the other two packs I tried are Apple
branded.

Thanks for the advice, folks. I'll keep fiddling...

Steven
http://panic.com/
http://stevenf.com/