Re: [NTLK] How do you carry your Newton?

From: Morgan Aldridge <makkintosshu_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue Jul 03 2007 - 11:23:54 EDT

On Jul 2, 2007, at 11:24 PM, Chris C. wrote:

> Ok. I'll have to admit (at least for me anyways) that the MP21K is
> huge when compared to most other PDAs. How do you carry your Newton
> around? Manpurse? Messenger Bag? I'd like to know what you guys have
> come up with. Love my Newton but hate carrying it around! ;-) I've
> got a Burro-Pak and a NewtBoot and I think it's a E&B (not glove)

I've always used messenger bags for everything and currently have the
Crumpler "Cashmere Blazer" (<http://www.crumplerbags.com/>) which
allows me to carry way more that I should keep with me at all times.
But hey, it means I can pack to go away for the weekend in the same bag.

So, to protect my Newton MessagePad 2100 from the _rest_ of the crap
in my bag, I picked up a WaterField Designs iPod Speaker Case
(<http://www.sfbags.com/products/inmotion/inmotion.htm>) and love it.

The main compartment feels like it was designed exactly for the
MessagePad 2x00 and I use the other pockets for an AC adapter or
spare batteries, my cell phone, and either my Canon SD200 Digital
Elph or an iPod, plus my WiFi, Bluetooth, and flash memory cards. It
also has room for cables, so it's pretty easy to toss in a serial
cable and dongle when I'm gonna spend the day near Xserves.

My original review is in the NTLK archives:

<http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2005-10/0881.html>

Oh, and of course, I can always carry it like a man-purse/camera bag
when I'm just running to the bank or the lake.

Morgan Aldridge

--
morgant@makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/