[NTLK] nBlog and Blogger

From: Josh Burker <newt_talk_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon Jul 02 2007 - 19:38:08 EDT

Finishing up with my graduate work necessitates finding a new place
to blog. I chose Blogger because I already had a gmail account, and I
understood that nBlog for the Newton worked with Blogger.
I downloaded version 1.2.0 from UNNA:

http://www.unna.org/view.php?/internet/NBlog1.2

It has been updated to with with Moveable Type and LiveJournal as well.

It took some monkeying around with. These page helped:

http://www.tow.com/weblog/#87039817
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/NewtonBlog

Additionally, I had to figure out the correct settings, which have
changed from what the wikiwikinewt page said:

Host: www.blogger.com
Port: 80
Blogger 1.0

Once the configuration was correct I was able to get nBlog working
properly. It retrieved my account information and the blog I wished
to manage. I created a Note and then used nBlog to Post and Publish
the Note. It showed up in my Blogger account.

http://joshburker.blogspot.com

The eMate might be a good blogging device: keyboard, long battery
life, wifi. When I don't want to lug the laptop along because of the
temptation to get distracted, I could use the eMate to bust out blog
entries.