Re: [NTLK] iPhone

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Sun Jul 01 2007 - 22:34:06 EDT

On Jul 1, 2007, at 2:56 PM, Dan wrote:

> On 7/1/2007 2:17 PM, Apostolos Koutropoulos wrote:
>> I have AT&T but I am abstaining from the iPhone.
>> There are a few things I would like 'fixed' before I buy one
>>
>> 1. Quadband UMTS + front camera for video conferencing
>> 2. iChat (AIM/.Mac/Yahoo/MSN/ICQ) (and or Adium)
>> 3. More storage capacity
>> 4. MMS
>> 5. Removable battery (future proof it.)
>
> A removable battery that is STANDARD. The best solution would be a
> cage
> or such so that it could run off of a set of AA or AAA's. But custom
> rechargeable batteries seem to be all that manufactures want to make
> anymore.

The battery is removable as is clear in all the take aparts. It's
quite similar to the ipod arrangement, which is also no big deal to
replace. This whole issue is kind of a red herring in my opinion.

The AA or AAA this is a pipe dream as the form factor of these
devices doesn't allow for that. Generally the batteries are readily
available (for iPods), from several sources other then Apple. Not a
problem in my mind.

The AT&T thing is total deal breaker though, I do agree.

Marty