Re: [NTLK] iPhone

From: Larry Yaeger <lsynt_at_beanblossom.in.us>
Date: Sun Jul 01 2007 - 21:31:21 EDT

EDGE is a passably fast service, but only available in fairly limited, urban areas. It's dealing with the web when you're not in one of the areas serviced by EDGE that things go so *very* slowly.

That said, EDGE is not all that great. Some people call it "2.5G", to contrast it with "3G" wireless data technology. EDGE gets something like 200 - 300 Kbps. By contrast, EVDO and other true 3G technologies get more like 700 - 1100 Kbps, roughly 3x the speed of EDGE.

- larryy