Re: [NTLK] Transfering selected notes

From: <knowtree_at_aloha.com>
Date: Tue Jan 30 2007 - 13:01:50 EST

Don Zahniser <irntooth@eznet.net> wrote:

> On Jan 24, 2007, at 8:53 PM, knowtree@aloha.com wrote:
>
> > Here is my question. In my mucking about I see where transferring
> > selected
> > Notes from the Newton to the PC is not typically done. It appears that
> > these developers were thinking along the lines of a full dump --
> > transfer
> > everything then take what you want. I want to select this note and
> > that
> > note from the MP, then transfer just those. Is there a way to do
> > that over
> > a serial link? I'm not looking for specific code, just reassurance
> > that it
> > can be done and maybe a hint how I would go about it.
>
> There is a Newton package that installs a selection called 'Desktop'
> in the routing menu. It allows you to receive Notes on your computer
> over serial using a terminal with file capture. It's on UNNA at:
>
> http://www.unna.org/view.php?/applications/communications/
> DesktopTransport

Thanks. Here and there I have seen folks mention a way to capture stuff
with a terminal. Now I know how it is done. I hope to brew up something
with tcl/tk that will smooth out the process and provide at least a little
"intelligence" at the desktop end of the wire. I really appreciate your
response, it has saved me untold hours.

Gary Dunn
Honolulu
MP110, MP2100