[NTLK] Irda + HP printers

From: Chod Lang <chodlang1_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue Jan 30 2007 - 09:29:47 EST

I'm using an HP 320 portable printer with a serial cable to print
from my Newton. I want to upgrade to a newer model that I can use
with my Newton and my Treo. I bought a Canon i70 but the Newton
doesn't recognize the irda, however, my palm does. The problem with
the Canon is that it doesn't print WYSIWYG like the HP.
So I want to go back to the HP brand but I don't know how if the
Newton will "see" a newer model. In particular, through irda.
I would like to get the HP 450cbi but am wary of what they call "fast
Infared" and its compatibility with the Newton. Does anyone on this
list have any experience/recommendations as to which printer is
compatible with the Newton?
I'm also looking at the 350c.

Thanks for your help.

Chod Lang