Re: [NTLK] Bible software

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Jan 19 2007 - 16:53:30 EST

On 1/19/07, R. Mansfield <rmansfield@mac.com> wrote:

> Is there any Bible software out there for the Newton? Any versions
> besides King James Version? A more modern translation would be great
> and Greek or Hebrew would be ideal.
> Thanks.

Hi Rick,

The one that I know of and use personally is The Message by David Fedor.

http://www.thefedors.com/themessage/

It originally offered three versions of the Bible.
They KJV, RSV and NIV.

At this time NIV is not offered due to the licensing agreement with
Zondervan that David negotiated has expired.

RSV is there on his site. It needs you to complete the Licensing Agreement
as detailed on David's site.
I use all three versions since I was able to purchase it from David back in
the day.

KJV is there on his site too.

Only other suggestion is to OCR a copy from an original you own for personal
use.
You could search for the NLT which offered a FREE PDF of the NLT from their
home site recently. I would ask them to see if they wouldn't mind
allowing/granting you permission to convert it for your Newton. I have a
copy somewhere but it's easily downloaded from their website. I can't seem
to find it. I suggest asking if they still offer it.

http://www.newlivingtranslation.com/

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung