Re: [NTLK] Newton is dead, long live Newton.

From: jstaub <jstaub_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat Jan 13 2007 - 13:20:01 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan" <dan@dbdigitalweb.com>
To: <newtontalk@newtontalk.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2007 9:20 AM
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Newton is dead, long live Newton.

Very true Ed. It is the OS/interface that makes the Newt special. I
find that for what I want the screen on phones is just too small for a
PDA. Not to mention the interface *shudder*. It would be nice if Apple
would wake up to that fact and actually create a PDA rather than try to
squeeze something into the phone. Oh I am sure the interface will be
"apple like" and well designed, but for a PDA I just don't see how
something the size of a phone is going to work.

Personally I would rather have something the size of a PDA (say 2x00)
with the ability to use a wireless headset to make phone calls with (and
be able to use any phone service I want). Perhaps this small headset
could slide into a port like the pen does. It seems to me that this
could be done and would satisfy the needs of everyone. Except for the
people that want a smaller device that only stores data (from the
desktop) and makes phone calls. And for those people you have the
"phone/data only" model.

-Dan