Re: [NTLK] The day the Newton died it's final death...

From: Norman Palardy <npalardy_at_great-white-software.com>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 22:15:53 EST

On Jan 10, 2007, at 8:07 PM, John wrote:

> I know, but, this is the exact demographic referred I believe as
> "Highest-Value" type consumer that the iPhone is targeted to/at.
>
> All I'm saying is that I think there are probably more than enough
> consumers that fit this match, or match this fit, however you want to
> say it.
>
> When you're swirling around in the sky moving grains of sand on the
> beach with tweezers to put a deal together the cost or the price or
> the
> expense of the phone is inconsequential. I seriously doubt that the
> iPhone will reach Sherman Antitrust levels of saturation.

Tesla Motors deliberately did this as well with their first electric car
Build a high performance specialty item and price it accordingly
You will get a certain portion of the market that HAS to have it
because it is cool, etc

And that should/could bring the price down over time
iPods have done this as well from their initial versions to today and
they've been kind of successful :)