Re: [NTLK] The day the Newton died it's final death...

From: Sam Speake <sam.speake_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 01:57:11 EST

> The 2 year cingular contract on the other hand makes it out of the
> question.
> Marty

I agree, If you consider how fast the ipods get updated (every 6
months or less) then
the iPhone will be long out of date by the time your contract expires.

I'm not sure if they will be able to make those contract demands here
in the UK as people
here really like there phones and updating them. Its a cool phone but
if its a toss up
for the man on the street here in Manchester, then a phone like the
N92 with TV that
can be updated every 12 months may be better.

One of the cool things with the newton is its suspended in time (sort
of) we know that we
have most of the innovation already, so there is no nagging feeling
that something
ten times better will be announced at the next keynote after you
spend £400 on an iPhone.

The newton has more of a DIY feel about it, if something goes wrong
then I'm likely to open
the thing up or try a hardware modification. I think the iPhone will
have more of a 'throw away
coz you cant fix it' feel... exactly like the ipod

I'm sure I'll still get an iPhone depending on cost, But the newton
will still be by my side.

Sam--