Re: [NTLK] Holidays program?

From: Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net>
Date: Mon Jan 08 2007 - 15:05:37 EST

Andrei Chichak wrote:
> Hey Victor,
>
> Are you going to take submissions for local holidays (Alberta's
> Heritage Day) and other oddball dates that everybody should know
> about (David Byrne's birthday)?

I generate these automatically (mostly) from Apple's Holidays files for iCal:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/ical/library/holidays.html

If you can provide me with an ICS file, I can whip it into a package... or if
you have Perl and NTK I'll send you the Perl script. (You may need to
install a lot of Perl modules, specifically iCal::Parser and
DateTime::Format::Epoch)

--
Victor Rehorst - victor@newtontalk.net - chuma@chuma.org