[NTLK] NotePhone 2

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Jan 07 2007 - 20:49:24 EST

Hey List Members,
Back on the topic of Newtons...
I was discussing the NotePhone 2 with Serge off list.
He mentioned to me that there was a site that discussed the NotePhone 2.
Now the end result was that the translation inferred that due to the
cancellation of the Newton - Siemens cancelled the NotePhone 2 Project which
had already been completed and destroyed all the technical documents,
prototypes and such... Serge was a bit peeved that they possibly did
this. If this was the case it would have been a waste and might be why there
had not been any sighting of the NotePhone 2 anywhere since I came aboard
NTLK or prior to that... Now there were photos of the Red Unit and also one
or two others of a Black Unit... which I have on my Flickr account.

I did a search for this and lo and behold I got a hit at:
http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php/t-90458.html
Now in that thread Macs-R-Us indicated that he had in his possession (short
clip - please read thread for yourself)
(1) NotePhone 2.0
(2) NotePhone 1.0
AND MUCH MORE!

Now I immediately shot off an email to Mark whom I speak to every so
often...
His reply was the following:

  Mark Jozaitis to me
 show details
 3:43 am (16 hours ago)
    Hey Sonny,
Yes I had one a while back, sold it to a collector for around $3,500. I
don't know if I have the picture still, but it was so cool! It didn't
work however : (

~Mark
I'm now awaiting a reply to my request from him to provide photos IF he
still has them... might pan out - never know....
Now I want to know who this collector person was that purchased the
NotePhone 2 and if we can contact him for a photo or two or even a video of
the unit...
Now I'd be impressed if we could get that .... never know...

Anyone out there ever hear about a NotePhone 2 outside of Siemens? I know
that any requests I have made or ask of has fallen on deaf ears...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung