Re: [NTLK] Newton to help find impact craters?

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Sat Jan 06 2007 - 15:12:56 EST

John M. wrote:
> Heh, good point :-)
>
> On Jan 6, 2007, at 2:49 PM, Norman Palardy wrote:
>
>> On Jan 06, 2007, at 12:33 PM, John M. wrote:
>>
>>> But wouldn't you think that _all_ planes should have faraday cages
>>> covering the avionics equipment anyways?
>> It would sure make me feel better :)

actually I HAVE used my gps in flight. and I asked the stewardess to ask
where we were. she wanted to know and I told her, her message back from
the pilot is that he uses HIS when he sees something cool ;-)

I will admit it is difficult to get a good lock inside of the cabin. I
had to hold the device up to the window to obtain enough signals to have
a fairly decent lock on my position.

aeronautics are actually pretty solidly shielded and the only reason
they want stuff off when landing and taking off is a precaution on the
off chance any message about the other plane landing on your runway gets
garbled ;-)

it would take a nice emp to take out a modern airplanes systems. now if
you have a really big magnet then they will get irritable about that ;-)

william

--
special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too far
along a path that you cannot explain anymore.