Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Newton Connection for Mac OS X

From: <jabberwock_at_poetic.com>
Date: Thu Jan 04 2007 - 14:41:41 EST

regarding speed...

I'm OK with a slow connection sometimes. If it is rock solid reliable, I can set it up when I don't need the machine, then walk away and do other things. Most nights my Mac is seeding torrents, recording TV shows and executing other tedious chores while I sleep. Speed is irrelevant. But I know from experience that the computer won't crash, that glitches are rare, that the work will be done when I wake and want the computer for other things.

The Newton has never been rock solid reliable for me. Things happen. When I'm doing a complex operation I have to be there and watch and make sure that it is working the way I expected. Every minute supervising the Newt is a minute of my life that is gone forever. I coulda been watching the Simpsons! I coulda ordered pizza! Heck, I can't even answer the phone at some of these critical times.

So speed is important for Newton operations, perhaps less so for the Mac that never fails.

cheer
Tom Swell

--
Low Prices, Wide Selection of Gas Masks
Everyday low price guarantee. We offer special police discounts and an extremely wide selection of gas masks, filters and huge selection of preparedness gear.