Re: [NTLK] [FS] Emate 300, Excellent condition, fixed hinge $70 + shipping

From: Frederick Heald <justfred_at_obtainium.org>
Date: Thu Dec 20 2007 - 23:21:29 EST

I sold my eMate back around Y2K. While I was busy selling all my old
Newton stuff recently, someone posted and I bought an eMate. I used
it last night to do a journal, and the thing is awesome. It's worth
owning just for the wonder of the industrial design.

Complaints: the keyboard's a bit small (I get used to it), and the
light doesn't stay on (I forgot whether there's a setting on this, I
don't want to burn out the light tho). Not being able to get to the
internet (at any reasonable speed) is actually a benefit.

Biggest complaint: if they had stuck with it (and managed to reduce
the price) Apple could have had the OLPC ten years ago.