Re: [NTLK] WTB: Battery for 2100!

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Dec 15 2007 - 07:21:36 EST

~~~ On 2007/12/15 02:41, Frank Gruendel at newtontalk@pda-soft.de wrote ~~~

>> Can anyone out there can recell a battery for me?
>
> I know that this isn't what you asked, but please allow me
> to point out that it is not that difficult to do this yourself.
> There are detailed instructions on my web page here:
>
> http://www.pda-soft.de/mp2k_battery_pack.html
>
>> Or do you have a recelled one for purchase?
>
> If you don't feel up to rebuilding it yourself, I can do it
> for you if you want. The price hasn't changed since 1999 when
> I started this. It is still EUR 35.00 if you trade in your old
> pack or EUR 45.00 if you don't.
>
>> I just checked newtonsales.com and $129 is too much for me! :(
>
> Personally I've always found this price a bit steep. But keep
> in mind that (to the best of my knowledge) Ferdi uses 2500mAh
> cells for the rebuild whereas I still use 2100 mAh. More
> than twice the price for less than 20% more capacity might or
> might not be justified. Myself, I'd probably prefer buying two
> packs instead of one at the same price.
>
> Best regards
>
> Frank
>
> -- Newton software and hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

Chris,

For what it's worth, I'm a satisfied customer of Frank's recelling process,
as any of my happy and well-fed Newtons can confirm. And if you've never
enjoyed a full-spec Newton power cell before, let me assure you you're in
for a treat. I'm a heavy user of my Newtons, and 10 days between charges is
no sweat.

Frank, I know several folks here in the UK who would swear that $129 is
currently worth no more than the price of a decent lunch -- or about half
what it costs them to print the money. :) (Yes, I think it's a little
harsh too, but...)

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.˛
            -- What Arthur C. Clarke meant to say

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl