[NTLK] FW: Re(2): NSBasic for the Newton

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Dec 14 2007 - 14:59:29 EST

I received this from George Henne the owner and developer of NSBasic. Below
is a abridged version of our correspondence.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)
http://santa-duck.dyndns.org:8080/ (Newton server)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/ (desktop)

>>I wrote you an Email awhile ago about an issue with NSBasic for my Newton.
>>You indicated you did not really do much with it anymore. Would you be
>>willing to release NSBasic for the Newton as Freeware to the Newton
>>community? If you say it is OK, I would be happy to set it up to be placed
>>in the UNNA web site.

>Subject: Re: NSBasic for the Newton
>

>Unfortunately, we cannot do that. We have some Apple proprietary code in
>it that restricts us from releasing it for free.
>
>Sorry!
>
>George

>Is NSBasic still available for new users? There are new users all the time
>and NSBasic comes up for discussion from time to time. How would a new user
>purchase NSBasic? And what is the cost today? This would be interesting
>information to put on the NewtonTalk group. If you so wish, I will convey
>your answers to NewtonTalk or you yourself can respond there.
>

>>>Subject: Re(2): NSBasic for the Newton

Hi Matt,

It's still available here:
<http://www.nsbasic.com/order.shtml>

It's been a while since we sold a copy. No one here remembers much about
it technically, but they have happy memories of Newton Days.

George Henne
NS BASIC Corporation
http://www.nsbasic.com