Re: [NTLK] Http error wile trying to connect to music stream in mad max

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Mon Dec 03 2007 - 08:49:24 EST

On Dec 3, 2007 5:10 AM, McHugh Frank <madmax_2069@yahoo.com> wrote:

> i have another question (i know its been asked
> allot), but why do i get a http error 404 wile trying
> to listen to streams with Mad max, even the ones that
> are suppose to be newton compatible.
>
> i tried the newer NHttpLib.pkg but still don't help,
> the onlt stream i found that works is slay radio but
> its to high of a quality for it to play properly.

Most streams have multiple redirects in them at this point. What
you'll want to do is find the true destination for that stream and
enter that as the URL.

I know that Eckhart Köppen updated NHttpLib to handle redirects (and
you mentioned you tried it), but I'm not sure if he updated Mad Max to
follow them as well or what the status of that side of things is.

> will there be any fix to this so it will play streams
> at all. or is it a lost cause

I wouldn't say it's a lost cause, but I guess this is really a
question for Eckhart as to whether he's going to provide any updates
or whether we have to provide patches to his source code.

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/