Re: [NTLK] Back in the Newton Fold

From: Sonya Hipper <sonyalynn_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri Aug 31 2007 - 14:47:58 EDT

Doc,

Morgan beat me to the punch with this...NCX will do that wonderfully,
although I also find Eckhart's Blunt+Neo+Nitro+compatible BT card
solution sometimes better for onesie-twosies going in either
direction. Once you have it initially set up (and you've put
Bluetooth File Exchange in your Dock on your Mac), it becomes very
easy to toss individual Notes, Names/vCards, Dates and such to the
Mac without having to go through the Newt Dock procedure or chancing
NewtSync.

Of course, some people have had remarkably good luck with NewtSync,
and it has a couple of Notes-syncing options...the TextSync plugin
syncs your Notes with a folder of .txt files and the JournalSync
plugin syncs with the rather good MacJournal app. And, unlike Names
and Dates sync in that app, I've not heard any complaints about
syncing Notes using either of those methods. :-)

So, you have options!

-Sonya

Morgan wrote:

> Actually, Greg's first sentence contained his answer: Simon Bell's
> NCX (Newton Connection for Mac OS X; <http://homepage.mac.com/
> simonbell/connection/>). NCX doesn't yet support syncing with Mac OS
> X, but it does support import & export of Notes, Names, and
> NewtonWorks data.
>
> It's easy, native, and fast, plus you can take your pick of
> communications methods.

==
     "I urge you all today, especially today during these
times of chaos and war, to love yourself without reservations
and to love each other without restraint. Unless you're into
leather. And then, by all means, use restraints."
                                                 —Margaret Cho

Sonya Hipper
sonyalynn@earthlink.net
AIM: SonyaLynn